Monday, August 20, 2012

August 2012 Birchbox

"Beauty School" theme
This month, Birchbox is supporting Pencils of Promise, an organization that will build schools in Central America. With a 15% donation from our purchases on Birchbox, it will take $25,000 to build a school.


  • Beauty Fixation: Cuticle conditioner Full size (Valued $5)
  • Juicy Couture: Viva la Juicy La Fleur 0.05 fl oz (Valued $1.40)
  • Stila Stay All Day BB, foundation, concealer card sample n/a
  • Wei Golden Root Purifying mask 8 mL (Valued $5.25)
  • Wei Pomegranate buffing beads x2 0.02 oz (Valued $2)
  • Schick Hydro Silk razor (Valued $10)
Total value: $23.65 - Graded B-

Thoughts: Overall, I will be using majority of these products in my box this month (which never happens).  I did not think it completely suited my needs/likes.  I guess the profile doesn't really reflect the items in your box.  I don't normally shave (I wax 9.5/10) but its always good to have razors, especially since they're pricey.  I HATE card samples!! So the Stila BB, foundation, concealer card is useless to me.  There isn't even enough product for me to use for an application. I love that the Juicy perfume is a spray top  samples since the bottle stopper wand is always tricky.  I'm definitely excited to try out the Wei products and the cuticle conditioner. 




 Review: Juicy Couture: Viva la Juicy La Fleur 0.05 fl oz (Valued $1.40)
At first glance of my box, I was didn't think I'd like this scent since I do not prefer any of the other juicy perfumes.  Surprisingly however, it doesn't smell overwhelmingly like floral.  The scent is fun and fruity with a hint of floral; mandarin, wild berries, dewy honeysuckle and soft jasmine.

Further review of the products/pics to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment